Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 7, 2011

Solids

So I'll try and keep this short and sweet, he's officially eating real people food. And by real people food I mean sweet potatoes, bananas, pears, blueberries, and apples. All in mushy gushy form. He has his days when he absolutely digs it, then we have our moments where everything that goes in comes right back out. He recognizes the baby food jar and gets super excited, and also knows if the Bumbo is on the table it's nomming time.  He has done a few entertaining things when he is all done or doesn't want to eat; he's pulled off his bib and tried handing it to us and he will vigorously shake his head no. I don't think he realized what either of those things mean, but the thought of him knowing makes me smile. When he's ready for another bite he opens wide but then starts smiling making his mouth super thin and difficult to maneuver the awkward rubber spoon through his gums (which are still completely toothless). Through all the spoon grabbing attempts and arm waving we've managed to keep mealtime relatively clean thus far and I'm hoping to keep it this way, although I'm not holding my breath. We're so excited for Thanksgiving, I've decided he's going to have a little turkey, a little sweet potato and a little green bean, out of his happy little jars, so he can experience the amazingness that is Thanksgiving dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment