Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ear Infections and Some Other Crappy Problems

So to start all this out I will say this, Noah hasn't pooped since Friday (5 days.) He tries his best to get it out but he just could not manage by himself. We woke up this morning at about 5 to a blood curdling scream and I check his diaper just to find an itty bitty hard as a rock piece of poop stuck in his poor little bottom. I get it out and cuddle the little guy back to sleep and decide to call the doctor when we wake up again.

So I call the doctor and they want to see him as soon as possible, so we set up an appointment for an hour and a half later. About ten minutes after I got off the phone, my little trooper is trying to poop. He was successful! It was not an easy poop for the poor kid, it was a big solid poop that should not have come out of such a little body. I decide that since it was still so difficult for him I still want to take him to the doc.

We get to the doctor and I realize I had a few more questions for him about other things we've been going through. He said diluted prune juice for the constipation and asked what other questions I had. I told him that I feel like I clean his right ear every day and it is ridiculously gross every morning. He told me there's nothing we could do about earwax, and it was either mine or Jesse's fault that we passed on icky earwax, but he took a look anyway. While he was looking in he just says "Hunh, weird." He looked over at me and said he's only seen one other baby this young with an ear infection. Greaaat, an ear infection. Just what we need. This explains the constant screaming at night and the ear rubbing. So he's on antibiotics for a week and has a follow up appointment next week. I'm hoping I didn't pass on my slew of ear problems on to the babes, and this is just some fluke that will pass and not be a constant problem.

The upside of all of this? After the prune juice and tons of poop, I have a happy talkative little man. We took him to Costco and got him some nice winter PJ's, a present for his cousin Olivia's birthday, and he chit chatted the entire time we were there. I love hearing my little boy talk to me and I love when he talks to me while smiling. It's the best feeling in the world to see his little face light up and talk when he has something interesting to say!

Oh and Noah can't wait to see his Auntie June in a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment